Installation Instructions for Hot Fix S27001
Windows for x64
Hot fix S27001 addresses the issue(s) in SAS Web Parts for Microsoft SharePoint 6.12 on Windows for x64 as documented
in the Issue(s) Addressed section of the hot fix download page:
The hot fix downloaded, S27001pt.zip, contains the updated files required to address
the documented issues.
Do NOT extract the contents of S27001pt.zip. The hot fix installation process will extract
the contents as needed.
You must have SAS Web Parts for Microsoft SharePoint 6.12 installed on your system before applying this hot fix.
Refer to SN-35968 for instructions on how to determine which product releases you have installed.
Files delivered in this hot fix will be backed up during the installation process.
However, it is good general practice to back up your system before applying updates
You must have Administrator Privileges on your CLIENT or SERVER machine.
All currently active SAS sessions, daemons, spawners and servers must be terminated
before applying this hot fix.
- This hot fix should be installed using the same userid who performed the initial
The S27001 hot fix for SAS Web Parts for Microsoft SharePoint 6.12 will be installed using the SAS Deployment Manager (SDM).
By default, the SDM will search in the <SASHOME>\InstallMisc\HotFixes\New directory for hot
fixes to be applied, but will also prompt for a location if you have downloaded hot fixes to a different
After downloading S27001pt.zip, follow the instructions for applying hot fixes in the
SAS Deployment Wizard and SAS Deployment Manager 9.4: Userís Guide.
The content of this hot fix is listed in the hot fix manifest.
The file <SASHOME>\SASWebPartsforMicrosoftSharePoint\6.12\Config\SAS.WebParts.wsp and SASWebPartsModule.msi
will be installed during the installation of S27001. To successfully complete the deployment of this hot fix
the following steps must be performed.
- Open IIS and stop the SASWebPartsService site and SASWebPartsServiceAppPool
- Locate the web parts service install directory. eg.
- Copy the new WebPartsServiceSetup.msi file to this directory as WebPartsServiceSetup.msi.hotfix
- Open a Command Prompt window as an Administrator and change directories to
- Create a update.bat file in this directory with these lines
a. %systemroot%\System32\msiexec -uninstall WebPartsServiceSetup.msi
b. rename WebPartsServiceSetup.msi WebPartsServiceSetup.msi.612
c. rename WebPartsServiceSetup.msi.hotfix WebPartsServiceSetup.msi
d. %systemroot%\System32\cscript.exe .\config\webpartssvc_config.vbs -AppPoolName SASWebPartsServiceAppPool -SiteName SASWebPartsService -SitePort 443 -PhysicalDir "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\SASWebPartsService"
- Change any of the options in the last line to fit your environment, -appPoolName -sitename -siteport -PhysicalDir
- Run update.bat, click yes to uninstall, when complete verify "Installation of MSI Succeeded"
- Switch back to IIS and start the SASWebPartsServiceAppPool and Site.
- Navigate to "https://<server>/SASWebPartsService/Service.svc" and verifiy it displays the Service Information..
Upgrade Web Parts
- Locate the SASWebParts.wsp in your SAS Config directory. eg.
C:\SAS\<Config-dir>\Lev1\Applications\SAS Web Parts for Microsoft SharePoint\6.12
- Rename SASWebParts.wsp to be SASWebParts.wsp.6.12
- Copy the new SASWebParts.wsp into this directory
- Open a SharePoint 2010 Management Shell session as an administrator.
- Change directories to the one listed in step 1.
- Run .\install-saswebparts.ps1
- Verify "Exiting Install-SASWebParts exit code = 0" is displayed at the end.
- Run Get-SASInstallStatus and verify that all was installed successfully
- Open the diagnostics page in a browser and verify web parts version 6.12.1 is listed. "http://<siteurl>/_layouts/saswebparts/diagnostics.aspx"
This completes the installation of hot fix S27001 on Windows for x64.