Installation Instructions for Hot Fix P64002
Windows for x64
Hot fix P64002 addresses the issue(s) in SAS Customer Experience Targeting Server 6.3 on Windows for x64 as documented
in the Issue(s) Addressed section of the hot fix download page:
The hot fix downloaded, P64002x6.zip, contains the updated files required to address
the documented issues.
Do NOT extract the contents of P64002x6.zip. The hot fix installation process will extract
the contents as needed.
You must have SAS Customer Experience Targeting Server 6.3 installed on your system before applying this hot fix.
Refer to SN-35968 for instructions on how to determine which product releases you have installed.
Files delivered in this hot fix will be backed up during the installation process.
However, it is good general practice to back up your system before applying updates
You must have Administrator Privileges on your CLIENT or SERVER machine.
All currently active SAS sessions, daemons, spawners and servers must be terminated
before applying this hot fix.
- This hot fix should be installed using the same userid who performed the initial
- During the hot fix installation process, be sure to deselect the 'Configure SAS hot fix' check box when prompted.
The P64002 hot fix for SAS Customer Experience Targeting Server 6.3 will be installed using the SAS Deployment Manager.
By default, the SAS Deployment Manager will search in the <SASHOME>\InstallMisc\HotFixes\New directory for hot
fixes to be applied, but will also prompt for a location if you have downloaded hot fixes to a different
After downloading P64002x6.zip, follow the instructions for applying hot fixes in the
SAS Deployment Wizard and SAS Deployment Manager 9.4: User's Guide.
The content of this hot fix is listed in the hot fix manifest.
IMPORTANT: SAS PATCH CODE GIVEN BELOW NEEDS TO BE APPLIED IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE HOTFIX IS APPLIED AND BEFORE CXT ETL RUN.
What you will need to do:
Once both the libraries are assigned, then run the following SAS CODE PATCH in the same SAS session.
- Ensure SAS Metadata server, SAS Object Spawner, SAS Connect Spawner are all up and running.
- Launch Base SAS from ~/Lev/SASApp as an user who has administrative privileges for CXT.
- Assign CXTWH and CXTCNFG in the SAS session before running the SAS code patch for geo_ip_md5 given below.
- The library statement for CXTWH and CXTCNFG can be obtained by login into SAS DI Studio. To get the CXTWH and CXTCNFG library names.
- Launch SAS DI studio using CXT admin user credentials.
- On the Folders tab, navigate to CXT ETL -> Data Sources -> CXTWH.
- Right-click CXTWH and select ‘view LIBNAME’.
- Copy the library details and paste it in the program editor window and run it.
- Make sure the library is assigned without error.
- Similarly get the library statement for CXTCNFG under the folder CXT ETL -> Data Source -> CXTCNFG and assign that library in the SAS session without any errors in the log.
/*SAS CODE PATCH STARTS*/
/*Take backup of existing CXTCNFG.Geo_ip_md5, just for reference and keep track of what changed with this sas patch code*/
/*Read the existing dim tables*/
/*Generate old md5 and new md5 based on old and new primary sk values*/
length old_md5 $16 new_md5 $16;
format old_md5 $hex32. new_md5 $hex32.;
set work.geo_ip_dim_temp2(keep=geo_ip_sk new_md5);
proc sort data=work.geo_ip_dim_temp2;
proc sort data=CXTCNFG.geo_ip_md5;
merge CXTCNFG.geo_ip_md5(in=a) work.geo_ip_dim_temp2(in=b);
alter table CXTCNFG.geo_ip_md5
add constraint geo_ip_md5 primary key (geo_ip_md5)
/* SAS CODE PATCH ENDS*/
IMPORTANT: CHECK THE SAS LOG TO ENSURE THE SAS CODE PATCH RAN SUCCESSFULLY WITHOUT ANY ERROR.
This completes the installation of hot fix P64002 on Windows for x64.
Copyright 2015 SAS Institute Inc. All Rights Reserved.