Installation Instructions for Hot Fix A6S003
Hadoop on Linux x64
Hot fix A6S003 addresses the issue(s) in SAS Threaded Kernel DS2 and FedSQL Language Processors 9.41_M2 for Hadoop on Linux x64 as documented
in the Issue(s) Addressed section of the hot fix download page:
The hot fix downloaded, A6S003hl.tar, contains the updated file required to address the documented issues.
You must have SAS Threaded Kernel DS2 and FedSQL Language Processors 9.41_M2 installed on your system before applying this hot fix.
Refer to SN-35968 for instructions on how to determine which product releases you have installed.
You must have Administrator Privileges on your CLIENT or SERVER machine.
All currently active SAS sessions, daemons, spawners and servers must be terminated
before applying this hot fix.
- This hot fix should be installed using the same userid who performed the initial software installation.
- On the NameNode of your Hadoop cluster, create a directory called “hotfix” within your /SASEPHome location called “hotfix”.
- Transfer the file A6S003hl.tar to the hot fix directory you created.
- Extract the file.
tar -xvf ./A6S003hl.tar
- Verify that the A6S003 subdirectory now contains the extracted file, sepcorehadphf-12.00000-1.sh.
- Navigate to the “bin” directory of your SASEPHome directory.
- Execute the sasep-admin.sh script with the -hotfix flag, followed by the path to the hot fix file.
./sasep-admin.sh -hotfix ../hotfix/A6S003/sepcorehadphf-12.00000-1.sh
- Validate that the nodes of your cluster have been successfully patched by inspecting the output from the sasep-admin.sh command. You should see the following output corresponding to each node in your cluster:
<hostname> INFO: SAS Embedded Process successfully hotfixed.
This completes the installation of hot fix A6S003 on Hadoop on Linux x64.
Copyright 2016 SAS Institute Inc. All Rights Reserved.