SAS Note 002787

From: tsdlist@unx.sas.com
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 13:35:37 EDT

                                      ***ALERT NOTE***
     SAS Note: SN-002787
     Product: STAT
     Component: SURVEYMEANS

    Title:
    Incorrect results for domain analysis with missing values and more than
    one stratum

    VARIANCE MEAN CONFIDENCE LIMITS T P P-VALUE COEFFICIENT VARIATION

    In PROC SURVEYMEANS, when STRATA and DOMAIN statements are specified and
    there is more than one stratum, if there are missing values for a
    continuous analysis variable, then the variance estimation for the mean
    and related statistics will be incorrect in the Domain Analysis results
    for the domain(s) that have missing values. The incorrect results for
    the affected domain(s) include the standard error and variance of the
    mean, the confidence limits for the mean, the t statistic and its
    p-value, and the coefficient of variation.

    To circumvent this problem, use the %SMSUB macro for Version 8.1 which
    can be downloaded from our website at the following url:

       http://www.sas.com/service/techsup/faq/stat_proc/smsubproc.html

    You may also contact Technical Support to obtain a copy of the macro.

    INCORRSTAT INCORROUT DOMAIN STRATA STRATUM MISSING VALUES STANDARD ERROR
    VARIANCE MEAN CONFIDENCE LIMITS T P P-VALUE COEFFICIENT VARIATION

    Reported Releases:
    +------------REPORTED------------+ +------FIXED-----+
    System Version Level Version Level

    AIX/R 8.1 1M0 8.2 2M0