SAS Note 002794

From: tsdlist@unx.sas.com
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 13:33:49 EDT

                                      ***ALERT NOTE***
     SAS Note: SN-002794
      Product: STAT
    Component: SURVEYMEANS

    Title:
    Incorrect results for domain analysis with all missing domain level in a
    cluster

    INCORRSTAT INCORROUT CLUSTER DOMAIN ALL MISSING VALUE VALUES VARIANCE
    STANDARD ERROR DEVIATION MEAN SUM T P P-VALUE COEFFICIENT VARIATION

    When the CLUSTER and DOMAIN statements are specified in PROC
    SURVEYMEANS, if all the values of a continuous analysis variable are
    missing for a domain level within a cluster and that cluster contains
    nonmissing observations for other domain levels, then the variance
    estimation and related statistics will be incorrect in the Domain
    Analysis results for the domain(s) that have the missing values. The
    incorrect results for the affected domain(s) include the standard error
    and variance of the mean, the standard deviation and variance of the
    sum, the confidence limits for the mean and sum, the t statistic and its
    p-value, and the coefficient of variation.

    To circumvent this problem, use the %SMSUB macro for Version 8.1 which
    can be downloaded from our website at the following url:

         http://www.sas.com/service/techsup/faq/stat_proc/smsubproc.html

    You may also contact Technical Support to obtain a copy of the macro.

    Reported Releases:
    +------------REPORTED------------+ +------FIXED-----+
    System Version Level Version Level

    AIX/R 8.1 1M0 8.2 2M0