SAS Tech Support Phone Changes

From: tsdlist@UNX.SAS.COM
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 12:43:59 EDT

    If you have called Technical Support this week, you have noticed that we have a
    new feature on our phone switch. If you are calling about an existing problem,
    you are prompted to enter your tracking number on the telephone and you are
    transferred directly to the telephone of the consultant handling your problem.
    This system allows you to leave voicemail messages about problems 24 hours a day
    and also speeds up our processing of calls.

    You will also notice that when you call Tech Support, for the first time ever,
    you get a phone menu. We were reluctant to do this, but since we have kept it
    under 5 seconds we felt that the advantages offered by the system outweighed our
    distaste for phone menus. I hope you agree, if you have comments on the new
    system, please let us know. We appreciate your patience and understanding during
    this conversion process and regret any inconvenience this may cause you.

    Thank you,
    SAS Institute Technical Support